Hours of Operation:
Monday to Friday, closed weekends
Spring - Summer 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Fall - Winter 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Start a Club
Step one: Get your club ratified! Submit the form below and someone will contact you within 48 hours.
- Clubs must be unique and cannot overlap with any existing clubs
- Clubs cannot limit or discriminate membership on any basis except that members must be current students of Mount Royal University
- Clubs must have a mission and purpose that services some or all of the Mount Royal University student community
- Clubs must have at least three executives and ten members who are current Mount Royal University students
2021 Club Ratification Form
Cougar Athletics and Recreation (CAR) clubs
- Cougar Athletics and Recreation (CAR) also has a clubs program. To learn more about the differences between CAR and SAMRU clubs see this FAQ.
Join a Club
An important notice for students joining Clubs:
Please be aware that while the SAMRU provides Clubs with the option of opening a no-fee internal club banking account, SAMRU’s oversight of these Club accounts is limited to ensuring that access to the funds deposited requires the approval of the Club account signatories (generally the Club Executives).
Further, Clubs are permitted to utilize external bank accounts and other 3rd party organizations for managing Club funds which are not monitored or controlled by SAMRU in any way.
Before you pay any membership fees or other amounts to a Club you should understand how that Club handles its finances and how decisions regarding expenditures are made. If you have any questions or concerns, ask to speak directly to a Club executive member.