Please contact us if you have any questions about the correctness of this post!
With the Gender-Affirming Clothing Swap just around the corner, we wanted to show you how SAMRU is getting ready for the swap– Marie Kondo style! It can be hard to find clothing items that fit and match your preferred gender expression, at a low cost, especially for those folks who are in the midst of socially and physically transitioning. That’s why we hope you’ll use the #KonMari method in your own closet so you can spark joy for your fellow classmates.
Here’s a step-by-step guide to get you started!
1) Take all your clothes out of the closet/dresser/abyss and make one large pile
2) Visualize the sheer magnitude of clothing in your possession
3) Think about the amount of money you’ve spent on clothing alone…
4) Immediately STOP thinking about it because it’s taking you to a dark place
5) Take a puppy break (carrying clothes IS hard work after all)
6) Watch episode of Marie Kondo on Netflix to remind self of the life-changing magic of tidying up
7) Thank clothes for their contribution to keeping me looking ~fly~
8) One-by-one hold up each item… DOES IT SPARK JOY?!
9) Organize clothes into piles: keep, store, or donate
10) Feel overwhelmed that you’ve barely made a dent in the pile
11) Remember that one time you wore that thing that you’ve never worn again because ~nostalgia~
12) Remind self that wearing something once five years ago means you should probably #getrid
13) PUPPY BREAK #2!!!
14) The bed is almost in sight… almost there!
15) Feel good about allll the donations
16) Give giant bag of clothes to SAMRU Reception!
Are you a Kon-vert? Even if you’re not (or the thought of Kondo-ing your closet gives you major anxiety) we hope you’ll still consider donating some of your under-loved clothing items to our Gender-Affirming Clothing Swap happening on March 5th and 6th from 10 am to 5 pm. Donations will be accepted at SAMRU Reception (Z222) until March 1st!