SAMRU Annual General Meeting
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO ATTEND THE AGM!
What is it? The Students’ Association of Mount Royal University (SAMRU) holds an AGM of active members of SAMRU in each academic year, at which the membership receives the audit for the last fiscal year, appoints auditors for the current fiscal year, considers and votes on any proposed bylaw changes, and receives reports from the governance, representation, and operations departments. Any active member of SAMRU (i.e. credit students enrolled at MRU) in attendance can participate in and vote at the AGM.
Why should you attend? Have a say in your association! The Annual General Meeting is an easy way for students to become involved in the governance, representation, and operations of the SAMRU. The AGM is an important and fun way to have a voice in your organization.
What will happen at this AGM?
- The membership will receive the audited financial statements from the last fiscal year and appoint the auditors for the upcoming fiscal year
- SAMRU members will consider proposed changes to the bylaws from their Student Governing Board
- The governance, representation, and operations areas of SAMRU will present quick reports to the membership on important things that have happened over the last year
- The membership will be introduced to the 2021 Governor election candidates
- Prizes, prizes, prizes!! The first 150 participants will receive a $10 Tim Horton’s virtual gift card, and all attendees will be entered to win additional prizes such as one of ten $50 Best Buy gift cards and one grand prize of $500.
How do you attend the AGM? This year the meeting will be held virtually over Zoom.